Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It is Grinchmas in our house this year!

Continuing with our tradition of themed Christmas decorations in our home, this year we decided to have a Grinch-inspired Christmas.
I love the Grinch's story. It has so much meaning, that it was an easy pick for us.


  I want to share this quote from Dr. Seuss: "Perhaps Christmas doesn't come from the store, perhaps Christmas means a little bit more". That was the inspiration for our theme this year.


 This year was a little bit difficult to decorate, being that the Grinch is not readily available in stores right now. We had to use a lot of our imagination to put the theme together. 


But at the end the theme got together well and I especially like how colorful and cheery our house looks this holiday season.


Printables were our best friends. You can find so many things online especially on Instagram to get your theme going.


I was so inspired by the theme that I forgot to take pictures of the process of making some of the homemade decorations. But these frames from Michaels are my favorites. They were unfinished wood that we painted lime green and used a printable to complete.



We made ornaments using the Silhouette and Dollar Tree foam ornaments. 


They bring so much color to our tree.


Here are some other pictures of the tree and the DIY ornaments.




For finishing touches I found some Grinchmas fabric that I used to make pillow covers for the living room and even framed some of it for the foyer table.




And i made this sign with the silhouette for the entrance of the house. It is my welcome to our guests to show them what's ahead.


Thank you for reading and Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious, this is SO stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find the printables for the frames so cute

    ReplyDelete