Monday, December 15, 2014

My 2014 December Daily

As soon as I saw the amazing Believe collection from Heidi Swapp I knew it was the right choice to use for my December Daily for this year. I was so inspired by the colors and images that I couldn't wait to get started. In a few days I had my finished album.




The first step was to get all my supplies and create a Kit, just looking at all my goodies together made me so happy. 


 Buying a December Daily kit can be expensive, you can instead create your own using stickers, stamp sets, washi tape. This year I used a lot of free printables that I found on Pinterest.


 My December Daily is enclosed a box from a Christmas package that I had. I love the idea of using a box to preserve the album after Christmas is over. To embellish it I made a bow and believe sign with my Silhouette.


For the cover I kept it simple as this collection is so amazing that no heavy embellishments are needed. A simple flag, a glitter star,fibers and wood veneers were enough.

 

For the construction of the album I used a cereal box and the two-ring binding system from Tim Holtz. The size of the project is 6x8, and that was the measurement of my box.


The album consist of three sections: a side flap that is for Christmas preparations, the center part has the daily numbered pages and a special file folder at the end just for December 25th. My youngest daughter's birthday is actually on Christmas day so I really need extra space for more pictures for that day.




The album is full of inserts, flaps and pockets to make it super interactive. The paper pad has so many images that you can cut and use to embellish.




On the Heidi Swapp blog there is tons of free printables that are amazing to use as decor for the pages.


I feel so excited to start printing my pictures that will preserve all the memories of this Christmas Season.



Thank you for reading and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment