Thursday, October 3, 2013

DIY Halloween Banner

I love Halloween and soon as October 1st arrives we start decorating the house. This will be my second project for this year: a banner that I intend to display on the china cabinet on my dining room. 


 This project was really inexpensive. For materials I used scrapbook paper (Recollections from Michael's 5 for $1.00) cardboard boxes (I used cereal boxes) acrylic paint and string ribbon.


First I made two squares of paper: one in 4"x6" and the other 31/2" x 51/2"
.

Then measuring one inch in the center I made a triangle on the paper to create the banner look.


I made the letters using my Cricut, but you can also use stickers or printed letters from your computer.


I backed my banner with chipboard from cereal boxes to make it more durable. Then I proceeded to paint the back with black acrylic paint. This step can be skipped. I also used my Tim Holtz distress ink in black soot to finish the look.


Using a paper punch I made hole to be able to string the ribbon around. And as a last touch I added in the first and last banner Halloween printables that I found online.



I love the result and the bargain that it was to construct my banner.


Thanks for reading and your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment