Friday, October 4, 2013

DIY Candy corn trick or treat boxes

For my second Halloween project of this season I wanted to create something special for the children when they come to trick o treat at my door. This are little boxes that are inspired by a favorite candy: Candy Corn.


I first drew my design and then proceeded to cut the pieces into three different sections to simulate the Candy Corn colors.


I preceded then to cut all my pieces in colored cardstock. I also used a Halloween stamp to create a small tag.


I glued all my pieces together.


I outlined my Candy Corn design with a black marker.


 I made a hole with a paper punch to be able to attach my pieces on the top.


For the little box that holds the Candy Corn you would need two pieces of cardstock: one is 4x6 (score at 2" and 4") and the other 2x8 (score at 2" and 6")


Glue your pieces together.


I used an extra piece of scrapbook paper for decoration and stability on my boxes.


Get all your pieces together and voila: Candy Corn treat boxes. They are filled with Halloween candy.


They make a fabulous addition to my Halloween dining table decor and hopefully the children will like them too.


Thank you for reading and your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment