Thursday, April 11, 2013

My DIY smash book

I have been wanting one of those smash books that everybody is crazy about now, but found them to be a little girly for me, so I decided to make my own version using a binder method in which I can change the pages as I go along.
   

After creating my binder (see my previous post) I continued with the fun part: the inside pages,
I did not use a paper collection in particular but an assortment of my favorite papers, those that I have been hoarding and didn't muster the courage to use before.



I divided my book in sections: inspirational, creativity, bliss, beauty, fashion, travel and home with dividers that I made using file folders and paper.



In the inspirational section I used different journaling tags with my favorite  quotes.



Creativity is an important part for me. I intend to put here pictures of my completed projects.



The bliss section is about all the things that I love.



This section is for all things beauty.



Fashion section of my book.



The travel section.



And finally my home section.



Now my pages are ready for all my ideas, thoughts, pictures or collages.  That's what smash books are about: a place to freely express yourself. At the end the to be continued sign tell me there's always more to come.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment