Saturday, April 6, 2013

DIY Fabric covered Binder

I have started a project life/smash book and I love it. For us as scrapbookers is very interesting and liberating just to be able to journal and create pages about ourselves and our daily lives.

There is quite an assortment of products available for this new craze, but I had to make mine on a budget and I do own a lot of supplies that can be easily transformed into this new trend. My first step was to get a binder and whew! those are expensive, so using my creativity I made my own.

I got a binder from the clearance section at Target for $1.18. It had a children's design, but the exact size I was looking for.

 

Using Mod Podge, fabric and ribbon the transformation began.


This beautiful print fabric is from Joanns stores, it is usually $12.99 a yard, but I only bought 1/2 yard and used a 50% off coupon for a total of $3.24 (that day they had an extra 15% to your purchase, so it went down to a fabulous $2.76).


Fabric is very easy to attach with Mod Podge using just a thin layer.


Cut the corners to make it easy to fold and attach them.


For the inside a coat of acrylic paint to cover the inseam.


I used two pieces of leftover fabric from another project for the inside of the binder in black and white polka dots.


As a finishing touch I used black satin ribbon in the inside edges.

On the cover I used my initial to add a personal touch. I used my Cricut and silver metallic paper to make it, but you can create yours with a pretty sticker.


Here is the finished product.  I will make a future post with my inside pages.





































Thanks for reading and your comments!


2 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! I'm looking for ideas to save my wedding cards. Think I found it...

    ReplyDelete