Tuesday, March 26, 2013

New Stamp Storage System

As scrapbookers we are always looking for new ways to organize our stash. This weekend I tackled my stamp collection. I have been storing my stamps in a three ring binder with inserts, but as the amount of stamps grew it was becoming a disorganized mess.

Looking for new ideas online found a few solutions. This one to me was the one that seem more efficient: a filing type system.


For materials I used:

1. One package of heavyweight sheet protectors (5.5" x 8.5") that I purchased in OfficeMax, they have 25 sheets and it cost $3.99. Of course I used a coupon for 20% off that came in the newspaper this weekend.


2. Cardstock in black and white to match my decor. One good alternative were poster boards from the Dollar Tree they cost $1 for two and you get about ten dividers.



First cut your poster board in sections of 8.5" x 5.5" minus one inch to leave space on top and sides.The sheets have punched sides to be attached to a binder, I cut those with scissors, and then inserted my stamps, one on each side.


I'm gonna try to keep all my stamps labeled with the same packaging they came to make it easy to identify them. 


With the black poster board I made tabbed dividers for different categories. Labeling them with my computer.


My stamps are going to be stored in a embellished crate from the dollar store (See how to create this inexpensive crates).When my collection grows I would only have to get a second box to divide them.



Thank you for reading and your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment