Thursday, April 18, 2013

DIY jewelry cabinet storage

Like any woman I love jewelry accessories. One good piece can bring any boring outfit to a fashion statement. But here's the problem: how do you store all your pieces so they don't get tangled and damaged? Or worse, you don't see them because they are all covered in boxes or drawers?


After looking for options, some of them really expensive, I decided to create my own using wood, plywood, push pins, acrylic paint and foam core.


I wanted my cabinet to fit in an empty wall on my closet, so my first step was to take measurements.Then I went to Lowe's and had all my pieces cut. I purchased inexpensive 2 x 2 wood pieces for the sides and thin plywood for the inside. The total cost of the project was about $15.00.


At home I just put all my pieces together using nails and wood glue. Everything was painted black with just regular acrylic paint. After that I used my drill to attach the cabinet to the wall.



I used a piece of black foam core fitting the inside. I did this to make my cabinet repositionable using push pins.


 I can rearrange all the pieces by just moving the push pins.


 Now I have all my pieces displayed and it so easy to pick one because I can see everything I have to coordinate with my outfit.


And  I especially love that my bracelets have a home now.



Thanks for reading and your kind comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment