Friday, February 22, 2013

Make Your Own Smashing Stamps

I have been working on a homemade smash book for my daughter these past few days. I thought of creating my own set of stamps to go along with it, because let's face it, stamps are expensive. I wanted to get a modern, and let's say "not perfect" stamping look for her smash book. But those rare pattern types can get a little $$pricey$$.

Using really inexpensive products: two foam sheets (89 cents per sheet at Michael's), small detailing scissors and any type of strong adhesive, you create your own stamp designs. You just have to be a little creative with patterns.


I used two different foam colors. First I traced my designs on the white foam sheet. Then I cut them out with the small detail scissors, and glued them to the black foam.


My intention was to mount the design and black foam onto wood squares, but I found out they work just as fine by themselves.


I used geometric patterns: arrows, triangles, squares, but any shape will be easy to make.
For the polka dot stamp, I used a paper punch to create the little circles. It's my personal favorite.


This is my testing sheet. Later on I will follow up with future projects using them.


For my daughter's smash book project I intend to use bright, colorful inks.
This time I used just red and black to test the stamps out.


In very little time I had quite the assortment of stamps.


I found this project to be really easy to make, inexpensive and fun. For more information you can watch the tutorial on this project on my YouTube channel.



Thanks for reading and your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment