Sunday, February 17, 2013

DIY art for your craft room


I am still in the process of decorating my craft room: I think of it as a never ending project. And this weekend I got inspired to do a pair of painted canvas for the wall above my desk. For materials I used: a pair of 8 x 10 canvas, acrylic paints in different colors, mod podge, gesso, stamps, inks, color markers, and Faber Castell gelatos.


For the first step I prepped my canvas with gesso to have a good base for my project, then used the acrylic paints to create a background. 

  I stamped my images on paper torn from an old book, then cut and colored them with color markers. Nothing fancy, I actually liked the edges to be a little off.


After all the images were colored, I attached them to the canvas using mod podge.


I drew the stems free form with a black marker.


To add interest I used a polka dot stamp on the corners and bottom of the canvas.


I used black gelatos to distress the edges a little bit and add a shadow.


These are my finished canvas ready to hang in my craft room.


 They are going to be my inspiration while doing my crafting.




Thanks for reading and your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment