Friday, March 15, 2013

Art inspired mini album

This mini scrapbook album was a gift for my daughter's birthday,who loves art, especially painting and photography. The construction was simple because she is not a scrapbooker, but loved the end result.

For the cover I used a 6x6 chipboard album from Michael's and covered with burlap fabric using mod podge.  


I was first inspired to create the mini when I found this metal camera trinket in Michael's.


I used an assortment of flowers from Petaloo, metal trinkets from Tim Holtz and metal corner accents from Michael's.


The inside pages is all about art. I took pictures of the items she uses for her paintings and used a collection of rub-on stickers that are all art related.


Everyday items like her brushes are displayed.


 I printed art related phrases with my computer and used them as accents.


 A sticker collection from Cosmo Cricket  was used, it has all art related sayings. It match perfectly with the theme of the mini.


I tried to resemble like an art gallery with art hanging from the walls. I'm not an artist, so I used my watercolor paints and stamps to create "masterpieces"


 This is one of m favorite pictures with the colors of the paint in great detail.


 For the back cover I used the same elements as the cover. Here you can see on more detail the burlap as background. For the binding I used my bind it all, but used a piece of gold cardboard that I scored at 1/2 inch, then embellished it with a Martha Stewart punch to give the cover a more finished look.


 A more detailed video of this project is on my you tube channel.


Thank you for reading and commenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment