Monday, November 26, 2012

The Mad Hatter Tree Topper Tutorial

Alice in Wonderland Christmas Series: Part 4 of 7

For the top of my Alice in wonderland Christmas tree I wanted to use something that will bring out attention. I decided to use the Mad Hatters hat. I was inspired by the color of the original Mad Hatter's hat in the books.




For the construction I used heavy cardboard and glue, and then to finish it, I covered it with scrapbook paper.  




But still not happy with the result, I painted over the paper with green craft paint and that gave me the worn out look. For the decor I used a Christmas feather ornament in colors to match the design, and created a stamped 10/6 that was aged with distress ink. A rusty brown ribbon finished the effect.



Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next post of the series!



No comments:

Post a Comment