Wednesday, October 22, 2014

DIY Halloween treat boxes using Project life cards

For my Halloween treat or trick boxes this year I wanted to make something special that can also double as decoration for my home. With this in mind I created these boxes using cardstock and project life 3x4 cards as decoration.


These treat boxes are really easy to make. For materials you will need: heavy cardstock, 3x4 Project life cards, adhesive and any other embellishment you would like to use.


For this project I actually used one sheet of scrapbook paper that had different 3x4 sections. I bought it at Hobby Lobby for 59 cents.


To create the box use heavy cardstock in any coordinating color and cut to size 11" x 7". Then score at 5" & 7" on the 11 inch side, and 1" and 6" on the 7" side. Then glue all of your pieces together.



After that comes the fun part: decorating your boxes.


 And as the main decor use your project life cards.


I added my candy in a little plastic bag for freshness.



And easy as that, you have your treat boxes ready.


I am displaying my boxes on my dining room table. They bring a nice and festive touch to my home.

Happy Halloween and thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment