Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tutorial: Make your own paper background

In these past few days, I have been looking for alternatives for making journals and scrapbook pages, and trying to achieve a more natural or handmade look for them.

I started to play around with different options.
First I cut the shapes or letters that I would like to use:


After cutting your shapes or letters, remove the negative side:


Then use craft paint to transfer the images to your paper:


And you can still use the positive side of your cuts as usual. This is a double win situation.


In this case I used just one big sign and did the same procedure:



I used a roll of inexpensive brown mailing paper to test this project, but later I applied it to regular cardstock. And these are the final products:



Thanks for reading and your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment