Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Victoria's Secret Pink inspired bedroom



My daughter recently gave me the biggest challenge ever: if I wanted to redecorate her room, it HAD to be inspired by the Pink store of Victoria's Secret. I have never backed off from a challenge, so I headed straight to the store, and then to my computer for inspiration. Here is the result.


For my version of the Pink bedroom we started with the basics: painting her room in pink and then adding stripes to the main wall as an accent. Doesn't it look just like the Victoria's Secret bags?


Online, we found pink dog vinyl stickers and cut-outs that we used throughout the room to achieve the theme. A set of thrift store lamps that we painted black were given the pink makeover with these decals.

For her bedroom furniture we added some touches, like spray painting the handles gold to resemble the awesome displays in the store.
Even the light switches got an upgrade. We used 50-cent plastic covers and spray painted them gold. My friends, spray paint is magic!


We found at Joann's this awesome white sheer fabric, that has a cheetah gold print and made some simple curtains for the room.



At the same thrift store we got a jewelry mini cabinet for $1.99, that I embellished using paints, scrapbook papers, glitter and the little VS dogs stickers.



Her pink items that she had previously purchased are displayed on her dresser to furthermore the theme.



This chalkboard memo got the pink treatment too. It is pinkalicious!


Now I have to prepare my wallet to begin a new collection of perfumes. Like she told me, Christmas is coming, and they're great gifts!


Thanks for reading and your comments!

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect. Love the wall stripe and those curtains! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE what you did in your daughter's room! While my daughter/I have never been in a VS store, she loves pink/black and we want to make her room more tween like and your room is stunning. Love that you do your projects can be done on a budget and you give great details! Thank you for sharing!!! (Only obstacle will be getting the hubby to agree to the black in the wall stripe!). THANKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete